A gift to your family, sparing them hard decisions at an emotional time.
It is not always possible to pay respects in person, so we hope that this small token will help.
Offer a gift of comfort and beauty to a family suffering from loss.
Stager and Company Funeral Home was started in 1898 by Mr. Aaron Stager and was located on Queen Street, West in Hespeler. It was taken over by Aaron's son Charles Stager in the 1920's and remained on Queen Street, West, although the caskets were located at the Stager Furniture Store on Queen Street, East. Harry Stager began operating the funeral home in the 1940's, after his return from WWII. Up until this time, visitations and funerals were held in the family residences. As time went on the larger homes of Hespeler were converted to apartments and smaller wartime homes were being built. Because of this the funeral home was moved to it's present location (the Stager residence) where there was room to hold visitations and funerals. It has remained at this location, and in the Stager family until 1957, when it was purchased by Erwin Nelson and his wife Florrie. At this time, the name of the funeral home changed to Erwin S. Nelson Funeral Home. With the community growing, it became necessary for Erwin to enlarge the facilities in 1963, adding an addition to the front of the original house. In 1996 the funeral home was purchased by Dale Lounsbury and his wife Lori, and in 1998 the name of the funeral home changed yet again to Dale Lounsbury Funeral Home Limited. Another addition was added in 2000, as things continued to grow, and reception facilities were added in 2004.